eCommerce News Stat of the Week
- Bernie Sanders’ mittens propelled $1.9M in Etsy sales last month according to Retail Dive.
It Was a Huge Week for Walmart
- Walmart’s Online Sales Grow 79% in Its Just‑Ended Fiscal Year
- Walmart eCommerce Alum Debuts Delivery Startup for Luxury Goods
- Walmart Boosts Its eCommerce Strategy with Consumer Data from Stores
- Walmart Opens Its Marketplace to BigCommerce Merchants
- Walmart Says Its Automated Supply Chain Is “Ready to Scale”
- WEBINAR REPLAY: Watch on-demand and get the slides for Amazon Guide 2021: New Strategies for Substantial and Sustained Growth. This was way more than your standard Amazon webinar!
- Amazon Could See Revenue More Than Double by 2025 as Retail Business Grows
- What Percentage of Products on Amazon Are Sold by Marketplace Sellers? 4
More on Marketplaces
- Benefiting from the Home Category Boom, Wayfair Posts 45% Revenue Increase
- Need help with digital advertising on marketplaces? Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, and more. We’ve got you covered. Learn more.
- User-Generated Visual Content Can Influence Purchases
- LinkedIn Pages Updated with New Features
- Spotify Announces Major Expansion, New Ad Network
- How Messaging Channels Are Surging and Becoming Critical to Marketing Success
Digital Ad Tax: This One’s Gonna be With Us for a While
- Maryland’s Digital Advertising Levy Sets Off A New Battle Over Taxing E-Commerce
- Tech Groups Sue Maryland to Block New Digital-Ad Tax from Going into Effect
- Is Digital Advertising Really Paying Its Due?
- WEBINAR Wednesday, March 24 at 2 PM: SEO: Next-Gen Tools & Tactics for Proven ROI (Presented with our friends at SEMrush!)
- After you register for the webinar, get your free Content Scorecard for SEO so you can easily identify (and fix) areas that can deliver more revenue and cut waste.
- How to Explain Domain Authority to a Non-SEO
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: Case Study: Local SEO Strategies Drive +600% Store Traffic Increase
- Google Delays Mobile-First Indexing Deadline to March 2021
- Google Set to Deprecate Showcase Shopping Ads on April 1
- Google Search Console Adds ”Associations” So You Can Link with Other Google Accounts
- How are your Google Ads performing? Find out with the free EXCLUSIVE Google Ads Scorecard.
Privacy and Tracking
- Why the Phasing Out of Third-Party Cookies Will See Digital Marketing Become More Collaborative
- Firefox Launches Total Cookie Protection (searchenginejournal.com)
eComm Trends, Stats, and Opinions
- Top 7 Trends in Retail Digital Transformation and Innovation for 2021
- Are Blogs Dead in 2021? We Asked 10 Marketing Experts (That’s a big “Not a chance!” from me.)
- In 2021, Online Grocery Sales Will Surpass $100 Billion & Grocery eCommerce Will Make Up 12.4% of US Retail Spending
- 62% of People Say Customer Photos Influence Purchase Decisions
- Digital Gift Card Sales Increase More Than 100% in December
- Pandemic Causes US eCommerce to Surge North of 32% in Q4
- The Outdoors Boom Spared Many Retailers from the Harshest Impacts of COVID
- Stimulus Checks Saved the Day for January Retail Sales
- Charts: How the Coronavirus Is Changing eCommerce
Misc. eCommerce Sales and Marketing Tips
- 5 Ways to Prompt First-Time Customers to Buy Again
- How to Use Order Tracking to Boost eCommerce Sales
Exclusive Concepts in the News
Exclusive Concepts Awarded Klaviyo Platinum Partner Status (Thank you, Klaviyo! We love working with you and our shared clients!)
About Always Be Growing: Your Weekly eCommerce News Drop
So much happens in eCommerce news in any given week. It can feel overwhelming, even impossible, to keep up with the news and the changes that affect your business. But keeping up is a must for two reasons:
You need to make sound decisions based on fresh (and reliable) information.
If you miss a story, plenty of your competitors will have picked it up and left you behind.
The way to keep up and to make those sound decisions in a fast-paced noisy world is to get curated information delivered to you consistently. That’s why EXCLUSIVE provides “Always Be Growing,” our weekly Friday blog feature all about eCommerce.
Why Always Be Growing? Because the EXCLUSIVE team is driven by 5 core values, the first of which is “Always Be Growing: Continuously strive to learn, share, and grow as individuals and professionals.” And that’s what this weekly Friday round-up is our way of sharing the learning in order to help you grow.