General Retail and eCommerce News, Trends, Stats, and Assessments
- US Retail, CPG, and Entertainment Industries Drive Digital Ad Spending
- US Hardware Store Sales Continue Building Off of 2020 Success
- What the Delta Variant Already Means for Retail
- US B2B Digital Ad Spend Grows
- Multi-Channel eCommerce Sales Pick Up Speed Over Non-Store Retailers. We recently presented a webinar with our partners at BigCommerce all about multichannel and omnichannel selling and why it’s a must. Catch the replay and download the slides for “A Vision for eCommerce Growth: Marketing for Omnichannel Success.”
Q3 and Q4
- Microsoft Advertising: Back to School 2021: The Return to In-Person Learning
- UPCOMING WEBINAR: 2021 Guide To Holiday Growth: Surpassing Last Year’s Sales
- WEBINAR AND SLIDES NOW AVAILABLE: 15 Easy Ways To Turn SEO Pitfalls Into SEO Profits. This webinar also includes the latest info on Google’s 6 (!!!) updates during June and July and how those updates may impact your SEO.
- While you have SEO on the brain, discover how your content ranks (and how to rank higher organically) with the aptly named Content Scorecard for SEO.
- Amazon’s Review System Is Not Broken
- Sponsored Product Ads Have Taken Over Amazon Search – And They Won’t Stop There
- Prime Day 2021 Recap: Tempered Growth and Changes in Shopping Behavior Show Signs of the Event’s Maturity
Google Search and Advertising
- Now Google Will Display Why It’s Showing You Its Search Results
- Google’s Three-Strikes Ad Policy Isn’t the Problem, It’s Policy Application That Worries Advertisers
- Google Search Link Spam Update Rolling Out Now
- Google Fixing Two Search Bugs; Review Snippets and Soft 404 Detection
- Google Advertising Revenue Rises 69% from Last Year
- How are your Google Ads performing? Where should you invest more and where can you cut wasted spend. Find out with the EXCLUSIVE Executive Google Ads Scorecard.
Social Marketing and Commerce
- Nearly 1 in 3 US Facebook Users Will Buy Via the Platform This Year
- Twitter Begins Pilot Test of Shop Module
- YouTube Is as big as Netflix and Growing Much Faster. We’ve always been bullish on YouTube advertising. It can be a little complicated, but the payoff can be big when you get it right. Learn more by catching the replay and downloading the slides for “Grow Reach & Revenue with YouTube — Presented with Google!”
- Using Keywords in YouTube Videos: How to Get More Views
Privacy, Data Ownership, and Our Confusing Cookieless Future
- Most Consumers Are Creeped Out by Ads That Follow Them Across Devices
- Cheat Sheet: Google Unveils Timeline for a More “Responsible” Cookie Death Clock
- Or you can just go straight to the colorful Privacy Sandbox Timeline.
Help and How-To’s
- The Full-Funnel Product Detail Page
- 6 Things to Do Before Selling an eCommerce Business
- EXCLUSIVE Digital Marketing Consulting Is Here to Help You Grow Your Business! Consulting is a great option for brands with in-house marketing teams and looking to boost performance, upskill employees, and grow revenue while adding efficiencies and reducing wasted spend. Find out what the new EXCLUSIVE Consulting service can do for you.
- Need digital marketing help? We’ve got you for SEO, PPC, social, marketplaces, and more. Contact us or get your FREE eCommerce growth analysis.
- We’re already gearing up for retailX (the conference formerly known as IRCE) IN PERSON in August! Check out the retailX agenda and SAVE 15% on registration using our special code: RTPSUB2.
Sad News of the Week
- Pour one out for the maker of Hair in a Can and the originator of the phrase “set it and forget it.” Ron Popeil, Pioneer of TV Infomercials, Dies at 86
About Always Be Growing: Your Weekly eCommerce News Drop
So much happens in eCommerce news in any given week. It can feel overwhelming, even impossible, to keep up with the news and the changes that affect your business. But keeping up is a must for two reasons:
You need to make sound decisions based on fresh (and reliable) information.
If you miss a story, plenty of your competitors will have picked it up and left you behind.
The way to keep up and to make those sound decisions in a fast-paced noisy world is to get curated information delivered to you consistently. That’s why EXCLUSIVE provides “Always Be Growing,” our weekly Friday blog feature all about eCommerce.
Why Always Be Growing? Because the EXCLUSIVE team is driven by 5 core values, the first of which is “Always Be Growing: Continuously strive to learn, share, and grow as individuals and professionals.” And that’s what this weekly Friday round-up is our way of sharing the learning in order to help you grow.