Google recently released an update to its product listing ads that make them more visible by adding a new annotation when you have a product with free shipping that ships within three business days (including handling time).
- What’s changing?
For items that can be shipped within three days (including handling) and come with free shipping, a new advertising annotation will be placed on the product.
- What does this mean?
For product listing ads, your products will likely have a higher level of visibility than non-qualifying competitors, giving you an advantage in the marketplace. We have seen in previous cases that advertisements with price drops or promotions have seen higher click-through rates (CTR). This could be just one potential impact of adding this annotation.
- What will happen if my products don’t meet these criteria?
Products that don’t meet the shipping thresholds will still advertise as normal on the standard Google Search Network and across Google Surfaces.
- How can I implement this new feature?
The first step to gaining access to this new feature is by completing the interest form. Once completed and approved, you will need the following:
- An active Merchant Center account with products opted into Shopping ads in the United States
- Active web conversion tracking in your Google Ads account
- Active products in your Merchant Center account, which you can identify as free and fast
- Account-level shipping settings configured for free and fast
- Product feed attributes shipping_label and transit_time_label
- Product landing or detail pages and checkout pages to message free and fast shipping
For help with seeing success on Google Ads and other opportunities available to your company, request a free e-commerce analysis with EXCLUSIVE today to discover how your business can grow.